- 1/3 cup millet flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 10 drops stevia , or 1 tablespoon sugar, maple syrup, or agave
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2-3/4 cup buttermilk*
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- zest of lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl, add more or less buttermilk depending how thick or thin you like your pancakes. I like thick, so I tend to do less liquid.
- Scoop batter onto oiled skillet and flip pancake when bubbles appear. Repeat until all batter is used up.
*Make your own buttermilk using 1 cup coconut milk and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, let sit about 10 minutes.
Recipe from http://www.pure2raw.com/2011/05/lemon-almond-pancake-gluten-free-vegan/, retrieved June, 2011.