|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions green parts only, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 medium zucchini cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 pounds peas fresh or frozen
- 3 1/2 cups water (filtered)
- 1/2 cup dill fresh, chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 12 tablespoons pumpkin protein powder
- black pepper freshly ground
- Warm olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add scallions and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini, peas, salt, and water; bring to a boil over high heat. Cover pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 6 minutes or until zucchini is tender and peas are cooked.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the dill and lemon juice, and set aside, uncovered, for 10 minutes before blending.
- Add protein powder, and blend soup in batches in upright blender for 1 to 2 minutes, or until completely smooth and velvety. Add a little more water if needed to get desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
When using frozen peas, leave them out to thaw while making the soup; add them after simmering the zucchini for 6 minutes, cover pot and cook 1 additional minute before removing from heat and proceeding with the recipe.
Adapted from At Home in the Whole Foods Kitchen by Amy Chaplin