|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||3 hours|
- 4 pounds boneless beef chuck roast grass fed recommended
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil or regular olive oil and 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups homemade broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Using a Dutch oven or similar pot with a lid, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add the seasoned roast and brown for five minutes on each side.
- Remove the browned roast from the pan and set aside. In the same pot, add a cup of dry red wine and bring to a boil for one minute, then add the broth and seasonings.
- Add the roast back to the pot with burner still on and bring it all to a boil, then place the lid on your pot and place in the preheated oven.
- Roast for three hours, flipping after 1.5 hours. After three hours, remove the roast from the oven and let it sit with the lid on for 15 minutes.
Fat: 14 g
Protein: 47 g
Carbs: 5 g
Calcium: 30 mg
Iron: 4 mg
Recipe adapted from http://sameatshernutrients.com/2014/05/29/easy-moist-and-tender-pot-roast-wcarrots/, retrieved 4/22/15.