|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 cup cooked french lentils*
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- Grind walnuts first in small electric grinder. Place ground nuts, lentils, mushrooms, scallions, garlic, mustard and tamari in food processor and blend until smooth. Add a little water to obtain desired consistency. This spread will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
*You will need to prepare basic cooked lentils before making this spread. Remember that lentils do not need to be soaked. One-half cup dry lentils will make about 1.5 cups cooked. Using stock instead of water will enhance the flavor. Adding a bay leaf to lentils while cooking will also add flavor and digestibility.