- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 organic egg , whisked
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut cream , canned
- 1/4 cup honey , raw & local
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons ghee , or organic butter
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix brownie ingredients together until blended, and pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Cook for approximately 12 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool. Cut into squares and place on a cooling rack.
- In a double boiler, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil. Drizzle over bars.
- In a saucepan, place caramel ingredients. Heat on medium until liquid reaches the “soft crack stage/270°F” on a candy thermometer. Drizzle over bars.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (optional).