|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup almonds , sliced
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper , freshly ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large egg , whites
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on baking sheet and coat it with cooking spray.
- Place almonds, flour, paprika, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until almonds are finely chopped and paprika is mixed throughout, about 1 min. With the motor running, drizzle in oil and process until combined. Transfer mixture to a shallow dish.
- Whisk egg whites in a second shallow dish. Add chicken tenders and turn to coat. Transfer each tender to the almond mixture and turn to coat evenly. Place the tenders on the prepared rack and coat with cooking spray. Turn and spray the other side.
- Bake the chicken fingers until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center, 20 – 25 min.
Recipe from http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/almond_crusted_chicken_fingers.html retrieved Mar. 3, 2013.