|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup amaranth
- 2 cups water
- 1 dash Pink Himalayan , or Celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil , cold-pressed virgin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup , organic grade B
- 1-2 teaspoons sucanat , organic
- Handfull dried cherries , organic
- Handful raw pecans , organic, chopped
- coconut milk
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, quinoa, amaranth, and salt to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10-20 minutes until all water is absorbed. Try tot only peak once at the 10 minute mark, the steam is an important part of cooking and you want to keep the temp as consistent as possible while you cook.
- Once all water is absorbed, turn off heat and let set for 2-5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Stir in coconut oil, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- If you'd like, add the optional toppings. Add coconut milk for a creamier texture.
Recipe from http://www.yumuniverse.com/2010/11/08/%E2%80%9Ccinnamon-toast%E2%80%9D-amaranth-quinoa-protein-power-cereal/, retrieved Feb. 2011.