- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mirin (in a bottle similar to soy sauce in the asian aisle)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or a few drops of liquid stevia)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 12 leaves lacinato kale roughly chopped (discarding stems)
- 1/4 cup tamari-roasted almonds roughly chopped (optional)
- Whisk together olive oil, mirin, tamari, sesame oil, rice vinegar, maple syrup and ginger and pour over kale in a large salad bowl. Mix well.
- Marinate for at least an hour. When you’re ready to serve, sprinkle with the tamari-roasted almonds if using.