- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds , raw
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning , or dried herb (blend-free)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder , granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark maple syrup , organic agave nectar, or honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, process the almond flour, sunflower seeds, herb seasoning, garlic powder, and salt until finely ground. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, and water. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until a thick dough forms. Use your hands to form the dough into a thick square or rectangular mass.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out to about 1/8-inch thick. Transfer the dough (parchment paper and all) to a baking sheet. Remove the top sheet of parchment and cut the dough into cracker shapes using a pizza cutter.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Cool completely before separating into crackers. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe from http://www.dailybitesblog.com/2012/01/17/garlic-herb-crackers/ retrieved Jan. 2012.