|Prep Time||5 minutes, plus at least 2 hours to soak nuts|
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts raw, soaked overnight (or at least 2 hours)
- 1/2 cup scallion greens chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt plus more to taste
- Saute the scallion greens in a little olive or coconut oil until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add scallions to a high-performance blender with the soaked macadamia nuts, 1 1/2 cups of water, a pinch of nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup water to thin to desired consistency. Taste, adjust seasoning if needed, and use as desired.
Adapted from The Healthy Chef by Teresa Cutter