- 1 cup quinoa rinsed in filtered water and drained
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 thumb size fresh ginger minced
- 2 medium carrots
- 4 broccoli florets chopped into small pieces
- 1 small shitake mushroom thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons wheat free tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons filtered water (combine with tamari sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice (optional)
- Bring two cups of water to a boil. Add the quinoa and bring back to a boil. Lower the heat to medium, cover the pan, and simmer for 12 minutes. Turn off the heat and rest, covered for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and spread onto a plate to cool.
- In a wok or frying pan, heat the sesame oil, add the onions, and fry on medium heat until transparent. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the carrots, frying for 3 minutes, then the broccoli, cooking for 2 minutes. Stir in the shiitake mushrooms, and pour in the tamari and water mixture, making sure the vegetables are evenly coated. Cover and steam for 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- In a bowl, mix the cooled quinoa with the vegetables. Add the orange juice, and fluff it through. Chill for an hour or serve immediately.