- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon water
- 60 grams salmon (1 PRO)
- 22.5 grams zucchini sliced thin (1 CHO)
- 35 grams mushrooms sliced thin (1.5 CHO)
- 1 clove garlic minced (0.5 CHO)
- 40 grams onion sliced thin (2 CHO)
- 1 tablespoon basil minced
- 1 grapefruit zest, optional
- salt to taste
- white pepper
- 2 slices turkey bacon cooked and diced (1 PRO)
- In a non-stick skillet, add 1/2 teaspoon butter with 1 teaspoon water. Melt and stir to combine.
- Season the salmon with pepper.
- To the butter mixture, add the salmon and cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the other 1/2 teaspoon of butter, and the zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, and onions. Saute until the vegetables are tender and the onion is translucent.
- During the last minute of cooking the vegetables, add the basil, optional grapefruit zest, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a plate. Set the salmon on top of the vegetables and top it off with the diced bacon.