- 3 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2 leeks green top removed, roughly chopped
- 1 onion roughly diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 celeriac peeled and roughly diced
- 1 potato peeled and roughly diced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cream
- pinch fresh grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Place 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Once butter has melted, add the leeks, onions, bay leaves, and thyme to the pot; cook, stirring, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the white wine and reduce the liquid by 2/3. Add celeriac and potato; stir. Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook until celeriac is tender, about 35-40 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor, and puree until smooth. Stir in cream and remaining tablespoon of butter (or olive oil). Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- To serve, garnish with sour cream and black sesame seeds.