- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 can cooked garbanzo beans
- 2 green chilies
- 1 small onion
- 4-6 tomatoes tempered to remove skin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 teaspoon spicy and sweet mustard
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 threads saffron
- 6 curry leaves
- Water as needed
- Sea salt to taste
- 4 sprigs coriander (cilantro)
- Heat oil in fry pan add mustard ,cut onions, green chilies (chopped finely), curry leaves, & saffron. Saute till golden brown.
- Add water, cauliflower florets, chili oil, and mix together. Add garbanzo beans, skinned cubed tomatoes, garam masala, salt & water (as needed to maintain liquid sauce).
- Cook florets until soft, about 10-15 minutes. Garnish with finely chopped coriander.
Recipe from http://www.food52.com/recipes/7029_cauliflower_gobi_indian_style, retrieved Jan. 2011.