|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||2 hours|
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup Medjool dates pitted and soaked for 30 minutes
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup pecans chopped, divided
- 1/2 + 1/4 cup shredded coconut divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Water as needed up to 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs or chocolate chips
- In a food processor, grind up the oats until they are a fine flour. Add protein and cocoa powders and blend again until well combined.
- Drain and rinse the dates, then add them to the food processor along with 1⁄2 cup of pecans, 1⁄2 cup of shredded coconut, vanilla, and salt. Blend again, adding a little water at a time, until a dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a bowl, stir in the remaining 1⁄4 cup of pecans and 1⁄4 cup of coconut, along with the cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
- Scrape dough onto a piece of parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Cover with another piece of parchment paper and roll the bars out to about 1⁄2 inch, shaping into a square as you roll.
- Place the bars in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, allowing them to firm up before cutting into 12 equal pieces.
- Store in refrigerator for 5 days or a month in the freezer.
Recipe from My Darling Vegan at http://www.mydarlingvegan.com/2012/08/german-chocolate-protein-bars/.