|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||2-3 hours (to chill)|
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates , pitted and packed (about 9 large dates)
- 1/2 cup banana , about 1 medium overripe banana (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats , gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup protein powder , plain or vanilla
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside. To help the parchment paper stick, you can spray the pan with cooking spray first.
- Blend dates, banana and vanilla in a large food processor for about a minute, or until smooth. Add walnuts, almonds, 3⁄4 cup of the oats, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt and blend for another minute or two, or until fairly smooth.
- Scrape down the sides and add in the other 1⁄4 cup of oats and protein powder. Process for another minute or until the mixture is well combined. It will be very thick and sticky.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. With wet hands, flatten in pan until it looks fairly even throughout.
- Place pan in freezer for at least 2-3 hours. Remove from freezer and slice into 10 bars.
- Store bars in freezer--they can be eaten directly from the freezer without thawing.
From Hummusapien at http://www.hummusapien.com/bake-banana-nut-protein-bars/