|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||6 hours|
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 4 bell peppers any color, chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large can diced tomatoes organic, (leave the juice)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 ounces chicken diced
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (see recipe below)
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot (or hot sauce of your choice)
- 1 package spicy Andouille sausage sliced
- 1 pound large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Combine all ingredients for Cajun Seasoning and set aside.
- Add chicken stock, chopped peppers, onions, garlic, chicken, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce, and bay leaves to the crockpot. Set on low for 6 hours.
- About 30 minutes before it's finished cooking, toss in the Andouille sausage.
- Add the shrimp in the last 20 minutes of cooking. Serve hot.