- Pie pumpkins weighing about 7 lbs total (I used 2), 740 grams weighed after roasting
- 1 medium onion 200 grams raw
- 3 celery stalks 70 grams raw
- 1 12-ounce package turkey bacon 340 grams
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Roast the Pumpkin: Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds, and cut into cubes. Roast the pumpkin in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, heat some olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the package of turkey bacon and brown to a crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, and finely chop.
- After the pumpkin is roasted, sauté the onions until soft in the soup pot about 5 minutes. Add the chopped bacon (can reserve some for garnish), pumpkin, about 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, chicken stock and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until an even consistency is reached. Alternatively, you can put small batches of the soup in a blender, but be careful not to burn yourself!
- Portion into bowls (1 serving = 2cups), garnish with reserved bacon and freshly cracked black pepper (optional) and enjoy!
1 serving = 2 cups