|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion , diced
- 2 yam , peeled and diced small
- 2 teaspoons thyme , dried
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cumin , ground
- 2 cups adzuki beans , cooked
- 4 to 5 collards , finely chopped
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Heat a large 11-inch stainless steel skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onions, and a few dashes of salt. Saute for a few minutes.
- The add yams, thyme, and cumin. Saute for a few minutes uncovered then cover your pan and cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until yams are tender. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Add adzuki beans and collard greens. Saute a few minutes more or until collards are tender. Add Herbamare (or salt) and pepper to taste.
*To finely chop collard greens, first stack the leaves on top of each other, then tightly roll. Use a sharp knife to thinly slice the collards then cut those slices crosswise into small pieces.