- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (or other herb, such as thyme, basil, rosemary or Italian herb mix)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper adjust to taste
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 to 6 ounces each)
- Cooking spray
- In a small bowl, put vinegar, oil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Put chicken in a Ziploc bag. Pour vinegar mixture in bag with chicken, seal bag and spread marinade over chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray small baking dish with cooking spray.
- Put chicken in prepared baking dish and pour marinade over chicken. Cover and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Let sit for 5 minutes and then serve.
Recipe from http://www.alidaskitchen.com/2013/02/baked-balsamic-chicken.html, retrieved May 2013.