|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 2 cups navy beans , cooked
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 banana , ripe
- 2 tablespoons honey , or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almonds extract
- 8 strawberries (frozen) thawed and diced
- 2 handfuls of cherries , pitted
- Add navy beans, non-dairy milk, banana, honey, and extracts to a blender. Blend on high for 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in strawberries and cherries.
- Ice cream maker method: transfer mixture into a bowl. Cover and chill for 12 hours. Then, transfer mixture into ice cream maker and proceed according to machine directions.
- Freezer method: Separate mixture into 4 bowls and place in the freezer for a total of 3 hours. Remove bowls from the freezer every 30-45 minutes to whisk everything together and prevent clumping.
Adapted from http://food.allwomenstalk.com/delicious-dairy-free-ice-cream-recipes-to-cool-off-with-ease/5/retrieved November 26th, 2013.