- 1-2 pounds organic chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup grade B
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/4 cup seedless grapes halved
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup toasted cashews chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Arrange chicken in a baking dish. Rub chicken with extra-virgin olive oil and any seasoning of choice (optional) or salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes until cooked through or 165 degrees F. Let cool.
- In the meantime, combine mayonnaise, maple syrup, curry powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut into small chunks. Add chickent o dressing, along with celery, carrot, grapes, currants, and cashews; toss well. Taste, adjust seasoning and add pinch of cayenne pepper if desired.
Recipe adapted from https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/09/curried-chicken-salad-with-grapes-and-cashews-recipe.html, retrieved June 2012.