- 4 large garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves lightly crushed
- 2 teaspoons course kosher salt
- 2 tablspoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 6 1 1/4-inch thick lamb loin chops
- Mix first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large bowl. Add lamb; turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat a heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add lamb; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and roast lamb chops to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer lamb to platter, cover, and let rest 5 minutes.
Recipe from http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Herb-Roasted-Lamb-Chops-351253, retrieved March 2013.