- 1 butternut squash peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 red onions cut into wedges
- 1 pound sausage squeezed out of the casing and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil , ghee, or animal fat
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- On a cookie sheet, combine the squash, onions, and sausage.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the fat.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the fat, then toss to coat everything.
- Roast for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the squash is soft. Easy!
From The Heal Your Gut cookbook: Nutrient-Dense Recipes for Intestinal Health Using the GAPS Diet by Hilary Boynton and Mary G. Brackett, retrieved April 2015.