- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces (about 25) Brussels sprouts stems trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup low-sodium canned chicken broth organic
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and carrots; sauté until sprouts start to turn golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add raisins and chicken broth; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are tender when pierced with a paring knife, about 12 minutes. If the skillet becomes too dry before sprouts are tender, add up to 3 tablespoons water, and continue cooking.
- Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.