Coconut aminos—made from coconut sap—is a soy-free seasoning that imparts a savory, soy sauce–like flavor to this dish. The flavor and combination of crisp vegetables and sweet shrimp in this dish is so delicious, you will not miss your go-to Chinese takeout at all.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8 onuces shiitake mushrooms stemmed and sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cups snow peas trimmed
- 2 stalks celery sliced on an angle
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews roasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, coconut aminos, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and salt; set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until just starting to become tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar mixture and cook until slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp, snow peas, and celery and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the sesame oil and cashews. Top with the green onions.
From Against All Grain