|Cook Time||30 minutes (with pressure cooker)|
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced, peeled, fresh
- 3/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass sliced into large pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons curry powder or 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 chicken breast (about 1 1/2 pounds) cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk unsweetened
- 1 (6 ounce) package spinach
- 3 tablespoons lime juice fresh
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- Heat a 6- to 8-quart pressure cooker over medium heat. Add coconut oil. Saute the garlic, ginger, green onion, carrot, lemongrass, and curry for about 2 minutes. Mix in chicken, broth, and coconut milk.
- Lock lid in place. Increase heat to high and bring to full pressure. Cook 8 minutes, adjusting heat as necessary to maintain high pressure. Remove from heat. Let pressure come down naturally for 8 more minutes. Quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Add spinach, lime juice, and brown sugar. Top with cilantro and serve.
Adapted from http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Curried-Chicken-Coconut-Soup-108607, retrieved 9/21/10.