- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar , or maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean , whole
- pinch sea salt
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds , whole
- Place the cashews, water, coconut nectar or maple syrup, vanilla bean and salt into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and ultra-creamy. Pour into a medium-sized bowl or glass container.
- Add the chia seeds, whisk together. Let soak on the counter at room temperature for about 1 hour. Then cover and transfer to the refrigerator to soak and thicken for at least 2 more hours.
- Scoop into serving bowls and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
Recipe from Nourishing Meals: Healthy Gluten-Free Recipes for the Whole Family By Alissa Segersten and Tom Malterre