- 1 1/2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 3/4 pounds sweet potatoes , peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar ,packed
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper , ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg , grated
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, coconut oil, sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread the potatoes in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Roast, tossing occasionally, until soft and caramelized, about 40 minutes to 1 hour.
Recipe from http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/02/dining/02apperex.html, retrieved May 2011.