|Prep Time||35 minutes|
|Cook Time||4-8 hours|
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 summer squash medium, halved lengthwise and sliced thinly
- 1 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup green split peas
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 3 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients, except the basil, to the crock pot (ensure liquid covers everything).
- Set the crock pot on low for 8 hours or on high of 4 hours.
- The lentils and peas will absorb a lot of water, so you may need to add extra water half way through cooking.
- Top with a sprinkle of basil and some pepper.
Recipe Adapted from www.fullmeasureofhappiness.com/2011/02/09/lentil-vegetable-barley-soup-crock-pot/ Retrieved January 2015