|Prep Time||1 hour 10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Yukon Gold potato sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small eggplant trimmed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large zucchini trimmed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup brine-cured black olives such as Kalamata, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves plus 3 sprigs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Layer half of the potato in the dish; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoons thyme, and a pinch of pepper. Next layer half of the eggplant, half the zucchini, and half the tomatoes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Repeat layering and seasoning with the remaining vegetables. Drizzle with the remaining 3 tablespoons oil.
- Add the thyme sprigs and loosely cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil. Press the vegetables down with a spatula and bake until the potato is tender and the edges are well caramelized, about 45 minutes more.
Recipe adapted from One Pot Martha Stewart Living, retrieved January 2015.