- 3 pounds winter squash (butternut, acorn, or delicata) peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 8 cups)
- 2 apples Granny Smith peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion yellow, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger ground
- 3 cups vegetable broth low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two rimmed baking sheets or shallow roasting pans with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss squash, apples, onion, garlic, and ginger until mixed well. Spread mixture on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast squash mixture until tender and beginning to brown, about 45 to 50 minutes, rotating pans between oven racks halfway through baking.
- Remove from oven and puree squash mixture with broth, 1 cup water and nutritional yeast in a blender or food processor in 2 batches until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add more water if needed to thin soup to desired consistency. Serve garnished with parsley.
Recipe from http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3090.