- 3 medium eggplants to yield about 3 pounds, stem removed, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch Italian parsley finely chopped to yield 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place eggplant slices in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush each slice with the olive oil.
- Stud each slice of eggplant with the sliced garlic, embedding the garlic as much as possible into the flesh of the eggplant.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake 20 to 25 minutes, until soft and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. When cool, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Recipe from http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mario-batali/baked-eggplant-melanzane-al-forno-recipe/index.html, retrieved July 2011.