|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||3 minutes|
- 7 cups green cabbage shredded (1 medium head, cleaned and cored)
- 1/2 bunch scallions finely sliced including some green stems
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black or white sesame seeds toasted, black is good for color contrast
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all ingredients together well. Refrigerate until ready to dress and serve.
- To toast sesame seeds, place in a small heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir occasionally 2 to 3 minutes or until they begin to take color and/or become fragrant. Watch closely, they burn quickly.
- Whisk together all ingredients until emulsified. Cover and refrigerate. When ready to serve, whisk well and pour over salad; toss to coat.
Recipe adapted from Whole Foods Market.