- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (2") piece ginger root peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin optional
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander optional
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 carrots chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 potato peeled and cubed
- mineral broth or water
- sea salt to taste
- In a soup pot over medium heat, saute the onions, garlic, and ginger in olive oil with a pinch of sea salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add spices (optional) and mix well.
- Add the carrots, potato, and just enough broth or water to cover the vegetables. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Puree the soup in a blender or directly in the pot with an immersion blender until smooth.
Adapted from The Nourishing Cleanse Workbook by Hale Sofia Schatz. Copyright 2008.