Gelatin is a nutritional powerhouse. In particular, it is high in amino acids that soothe and nourish the digestive tract and strengthen hair, skin and nails. My favorite flavor combos include Orange Mango, Lemon Pineapple, Pomegranate Lime and Cherry Elderberry. Vital Proteins Grass-Fed Gelatin can be found on-line or at the Starkel Nutrition office and is from grass-fed animals.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||1-2 hours to set|
- 1 cup 100% Juice (pineapple, blueberry, cherry, mango, etc.)
- 3 Tablespoons gelatin , grass-fed
- 1 Tablespoon lemon , or lime juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons honey (optional - but really tastes much better with it)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons elderberry , or herbal syrup
- 1/4 Cup pureed fruit
- 1-2 teaspoons ground herbs
- 1 teaspoon vitamin C powder
- Add juice to a quart-sized pot, heat on medium and bring to a simmer. Slowly add gelatin powder, whisking vigorously to avoid clumping. Continue whisking until mixture is smooth, gelatin is no longer visually detectable and mixture thickens slightly.
- Stir in citrus juice, honey and salt. If using other optional add-ins, stir those in now, with the exception of the vitamin C powder, in which case allow gelatin to cool slightly before adding this to preserve nutrients.Taste for sweetness before moving on.
- Pour gelatin into silicon molds or a glass-baking dish. ( If you do not have silicone molds, you can use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes or simply slice into squares)
- Place in refrigerator and allow to cool for about 1-2 hours. Gummies will keep in a glass container for 1-1.5 weeks refrigerated.