- 1 large rutabaga (yellow turnip) cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 small beets , with skins, cleaned and cut into chunks
- 1 carrot , cut into chunks
- 1 parsnip , cut into chunks
- 1 medium yam , cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 onion , quartered (optional)
- 2-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- chipotle chili powder , to taste
- garam masala , to taste
- black pepper , to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all chopped veggies with olive oil, salt, chili powder, garam masala, and black pepper. Toss well.
- Arrange vegetables in a large casserole dish or on a baking sheet. Cook for 15 minutes, remove from oven and stir/flip. Place back in the oven and cook for about 10 to 15 more minutes, until veggies are crispy on the outside and soft in the center.
Adapted from The Nourishing Cleanse Workbook by Hale Sofia Schatz. Copyright 2008.