- 2 1/4 cups quinoa flakes
- 1 cup pumpkin seed flour , (ground raw pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds , raw
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds , raw
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 6-8 Medjool dates , chopped and pitted
- 1/2 cup coconut oil , melted
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks
- 1/2 cup maple syrup , pure
- 1 tablespoon ground chia , combined with 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper (put a little oil under the parchment to make it stick to the pan).
- In a large bowl, stir together the quinoa flakes, pumpkin seed flour, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sea salt, cinnamon, and dates.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the coconut oil, psyllium husks, maple syrup, chia and water mixture, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Use a wet spatula to press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, watching carefully. Cool in the pan. Once cooled, remove the granola bars (still in parchment) and cut into desired sizes. Refrigerate granola bars in an air-tight container or wrapped in saran. Bars freeze well too.
Recipe from http://www.sheletthemeatcake.com/2012/03/nut-free-granola-bars/-.T3JImnkg_md