|Prep Time||30 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 English cucumber halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 avocado halved and pitted
- 1 pound tomatillos husks removed, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup green olives chopped
- 2 scallions sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until just beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Coarsely chop half the cucumber and half the avocado and place in a food processor. Add tomatillos, bell pepper, jalapeno to taste, and the garlic. Process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in broth, sugar, and salt.
- Dice the remaining cucumber and avocado and place in a medium bowl. Add olives and scallions. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and gently toss to combine.
- Ladle the gazpacho into bowls and top each portion with about 1/4 cup salad.
Recipe from www.eatingwell.com.