- 4 medium beets cooked, cooled and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 medium oranges
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper freshly cracked
- Grate ½ teaspoon zest from 1 orange; set aside. Trim ends away from both oranges, stand fruit upright, remove peel and pith with knife. Hold fruit over bowl (to catch juice), and cut segments from membranes. Cut each segment in half, place in separate bowl.
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons orange juice (in bowl), orange zest, lemon juice, and salt. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Add beets to dressing. Mix in orange segments and toss well. Chill several hours, or up to 2 days.
Adapted from Vegetarian Times, April 2010.