- 1 medium head cauliflower about 2 pounds
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot peeled and finely diced (can use 1/2 a small onion)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3-4 tablespoons Fresh cilantro leaves minced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted**
- salt to taste
- Rinse cauliflower under cold water and cut into small florets. Steam cauliflower in a basket over boiling water for 5-8 minutes, or until just tender. Remove the cauliflower to a plate or bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened. Add curry powder and stir for another 30 seconds. Stir in lemon juice, cilantro, and honey.
- Add steamed cauliflower and almonds and toss until well combined and heated through. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve over steamed white or brown rice or alone, as a side dish.
**Toast slivered almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat, shaking the pan or stirring often, until they start to turn golden. Immediately remove almonds to a dish or bowl to stop the toasting.
Recipe adapted from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison