- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch watercress washed and trimmed
- 1 bunch spinach (not baby spinach) washed and trimmed
- 1 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut water (or coconut milk for creamier texture)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper ground
- In a large sauté pan on medium heat, add olive oil. Add the watercress and spinach, toss until just wilted. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a large food processor or blender, add cashews, walnuts, garlic and coconut water. Process until smooth.
- Slowly blend in the watercress, spinach, coconut oil and spices. Once smooth, transfer to a saucepan to heat to desired temperature. Serve hot with crusty bread.
Recipe from http://vegontherun.com/2011/08/26/vegan-friday-ashleys-overdue-post-easy-crusty-vegan-breads-and-a-watercress-soup/, retrieved Feb 2012.