|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup wine , white
- 1 tablespoon honey , or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon basil , chopped fresh
- 1 teaspoon Red pepper flakes , crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper , ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 14.5 ounce tomatoes , peeled, diced, canned
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce , plain
- 2 tablespoons parsley , chopped fresh
- Heat oil in a skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent and lightly caramelized, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine, sweetener, basil, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, black pepper, salt, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in fresh parsley to finish.